This week has been superbly crappy at work. Maybe the worst ever. Well, not ever, but a close second. Without going into the DRAMA that people at my work like to create, I’m on a serious job-hunt. One of my weaknesses is getting walked on and I’m standing up for myself and not taking this crap anymore. I’ve tried and tried to resolve the issues with my co-worker and he keeps throwing me under the bus. Not worth it anymore. I have been physically ill having to go into work every day this week due to severe anxiety. Dallin sent me a great article from Forbes about being bullied at work and that’s pretty much the story.
But I have been praying a lot lately to be guided in the right direction with lots of big decisions coming up. You know, “Help me find the right job that will be conducive to a future family or buying a house or where I need to be to learn the skills I need to grow, etc.” So I don’t know why I was surprised when things fell apart so quickly at work. But today, on the drive in, the song “Small Wonders” by Rob Thomas came on. I usually don’t listen to it because I’ve heard it a million times but a lyric really caught me before I flipped the station. It was talking about the “twists and turns of fate.” It stopped me in my tracks (but don’t worry, I kept driving) and immediately calmed my soul. I felt peace for the first time in three days and recognized the chance to embrace this awful situation and allow myself to be driven to the path I need to be on now.
It’s been an interesting learning experience. I’ve had a lot of assistance to help me learn to recognize my anxiety and how to work through it and I thought this would be a great chance to experiment and put these new tools to the test. Some days were better than others but I knew that my crappy day would eventually end (I wish to never return again but oh well!) And I read this awesome article. I love this blog – it always has such a great message and I thank God for her being in tune enough to be an instrument in His hands because this is exactly what I needed to hear – http://www.natalienortonphoto.com/2010/05/someone-will-always-hate-you.html
So if any of you know of any great jobs out there – let me know since it seems it’s time for me to move on. Exciting and scary all at once. I’ve already had an interview and have a second interview lined up but I’m not quite feeling the right fit. Does anyone know of well-paying jobs that just require laying on the beach in Mexico?
3 comments:
If you figure out how to get paid to lay on the beach in Mexico, let me know. I could use a little extra income. :) I'm sorry it's been so stressful. I had a job once that was like that. I was totally stressed out and anxious every day before I went to work. I hated getting up and couldn't wait to go home at the end of the day. I even counted down to my lunch break. SAD! I can't say it was any one person's fault (not the bullying situation you are describing) but was definitely not a good fit for me at the time and was probably the Lord's way of FORCING me to move on. But changes like that are never easy. So good luck! I'm way out of the job loop right now, but if I hear of something, I'll let you know.
I'm definitely one of the 100, although I think there are many more. This experience may be happening so that you end up in a much better situation.
I'm sorry things aren't going well at work. You're right in your perspective that it will lead to better things though!
Post a Comment