Friday, May 21, 2010

Funny Joke Guys

So to add to my already crappy week, I woke up yesterday in severe pain. I didn't have to be until work until 10 so being up at 6 was not too fun. The pain wouldn't subside either. It was making me nauseous, weak and clammy. Not good.

Around 8 it settled down for about an hour. As I was driving into work it acted up again so I called my mom, the nurse. She said it could be a variety of things and to call my doc. I got to work and kept having to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes because I thought I was going to puke. I'd pretty much narrowed it down to my kidneys and was hoping it wasn't a stone (well, maybe I was because I've heard labor is close to that kind of pain and really couldn't handle much more pain than I was already going through).

I got into a doc at the clinic at 12:30 and was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I got an antibiotic shot in my bum (not sure if I've ever had one there) and got a blood draw by Phoebe the Phlebotomist who got me with one prick. I also got an Rx for antibiotics and Loratab.

We stopped by Rite Aid on the way back to work and they had a coupon for the antibiotic so it was FREE! Luckily too because it was like $25 and $150 without insurance! That's over $20/pill! Does anyone else find it strange that Loratab was only $3 and the antibiotic was more? No wonder everyone's addicted. I haven't had narcotics since my wisdom teeth 10 years ago and they made me so sick but this has seriously been a lifesaver. Luckily the pain has dulled but I'm supposed to drink a ton which makes my kidney work and it's not too happy about that.

Do you think it's funny how bodies work? It's ironic about all the drinking stuff when that's what hurts and I was trying to take care of my body and went to my ab class Wednesday night and we started with Pilates 1000 and made my tummy hurt too so I didn't know what exactly was hurting! Plus, is the nausea from the medicine, the pain or because I haven't eaten because nothing sounds good? These bodies can be tricky you know.

I just feel dumb that I was probably sick a couple weeks ago and thought it went away when in fact it was launching a full-scale war on my kidneys. Thanks for the warning guys.

1 comment:

rozanny said...

Hope you're feeling better Amy!