I was thinking a lot this Easter weekend about the Resurrection and Atonement. Almost a year ago I was at the empty tomb in Jerusalem and that trip has been in the forefront of my mind the past few weeks. Israel and my experiences there really made the history come alive and has made me look at these Christian places in a whole new way. It's made me reevaluate how the Atonement works in my life and what it means to me. This especially as Dallin was asked to ordain his little cousin to be a deacon on Easter Sunday. Dallin's cousin's dad passed away a while back and it made me so excited for little Nathan to have the priesthood back in his home. Nathan's overcome a lot and has really grown up the past little bit. Dallin was nervous and honored to be able to bestow such a big thing but he did such a great job. The Spirit was so strong and I couldn't help but marvel and how lucky and blessed I am to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home. It was just a great, great Easter.
On a lighter note, my in-laws had an Easter egg hunt for me, Dallin and my sister-in-law. It was sure funny to see some twenty-somethings running around scooping up eggs. It was so much fun to relive a little bit of my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment