My speeding ticket from the lovely officer in Taylorsville was finally dismissed today after almost ONE YEAR. Last April I got lost in a residential area and promptly saw red and blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I was already having a horrific day and instead of issuing me a nice little warning on my clean driving record, I was handed a ticket with instructions to contact Taylorsville City after 7 days. I did so, and was told that I had to go to “court” to be read my rights and fully understand them and then make a plea. Their next available slot was in AUGUST. I was a bit miffed and when I finally made my appearance in August, told the prosecutor so. I’m not the type of person who likes things hanging over my head. Get ‘em done, and get ‘em outta the way. I guess they are so backed up because they don’t have enough staff (and are obviously over-writing tickets). With my no-contest plea, I had to pay all of my ticket, go to traffic school and six months after my class, send in my driving record showing that I have had no more citations and my case would be dismissed. Luckily I was able to get into traffic school two weeks later, so in September, my six month countdown started. It ended last Saturday but I had to wait until today for the Driver’s License Division to open to get a copy of my record. I was so paranoid driving this weekend because I didn’t want to blow it on the final leg. I luckily had an extra hour this morning that I actually drove it down to Taylorsville this morning and my case is dismissed! It feels so wonderful to not have that weighing on me anymore.
Word to the wise…never, ever, get pulled over in Taylorsville. They’ll make your life miserable for the next year. Cry, beg, plead your way out of it. Do whatever you must because it’s not worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment