Speaking of great men, I was able to attend the temple with my grandpa on Wednesday. He's a veil worker at SLC in the afternoon and whenever I have the day off (or don't have a job) I like to go visit him there. He likes when I come and I enjoy spending time with him. It was a lot of fun and I got so excited sitting in the celestial room knowing I'd be there with Dallin really soon.
On other man notes, my poor brother was in a hit and run a couple days ago. Someone ran a red light (he was about the third car through) and got out, looked at their car, and drove off. There were witnesses that told the police it wasn't my brother's fault. But I was so sad that someone would care more about their car than my brother's well-being. He ended up being ok, just hit his head and some wicked whiplash and a sore back. Two seconds earlier and he would have been T-boned and it would be a whole different story. So we are really blessed by that. Then a miracle happened. The son of the 87-year-old woman who hit my brother noticed the damage to her car and she didn't know anything had happened (hello! You stopped!) and called the police so my brother doesn't have to pay for anything. Poor kid though, I'm just so glad he's ok.
Then to pile it all on, Dallin had a private investigator show up at his house looking for him. He wasn't home and the guy wouldn't leave any information with Dallin's sister so when he found out, his mind started running wild and stressed him out even more. The timing was just really horrible and thankfully it was just a follow up on a case Dallin was involved with when he worked at a group home. Sounds like a movie, huh?
This weekend, some of my friends kidnapped me and we headed to Logan for a "Bachelorette" party with no agenda and no place to stay. I was quite proud of me for being so spontaneous because I am anything but, but in 2 hours it was all set up and we were on our way. We ate at my most favorite Mexican restaurant, El Torro Viejo (if you're up there, you MUST try it. I'm not lying when I say it's the best Mexican in the state, I made believers out of all of them), then it was off to find my Amaretto ice cream that is only in Logan (YUM!) and we saw Bride Wars which I really enjoyed, probably because I could relate. Then it was a search for the best hotel deal. We ended up at the Econolodge for $50 and spent the night and came home early Saturday. Dallin spent the evening I was gone with some buddies he hadn't seen in a while so it was really nice and fun to have one last hoorah. We missed each other tons and pretty much spent the rest of the weekend together.
A shout out to Dallin's Philadelphia Eagles who beat the Giants today and made my boy very happy. We will be watching their next game on Sunday in Mexico and cheering!
3 comments:
OMG! You have had quite the New Year! I am glad your brother is ok..and everything worked out with that! But I am so excited for the countdown! Woooohoooooo!
It sounds like the 87 year old woman should not be driving! Maybe she just thought she ran into some imaginary object, and never saw any other cars, or lights, apparently. Can't wait to see you too Friday!
Very cute of your friends to Kidnap you like that! I love that idea! :)
I cannot wait till Friday! Thanks giving me the opportunity to share that special day with you! :)
Post a Comment