Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Adventure

So I don't have a computer to download pictures of the wedding yet, but hopefully soon. The wedding went really well. It was maybe the most hectic day I've ever lived but it was also the happiest day of my life. My brother's lung got worse and was given a chest tube right after the luncheon so my poor parents were running back and forth between wedding stuff and the hospital. I really don't know how they did it, they amazed me on hardly any sleep.

I'm sad my brother missed the wedding but I'm glad that he is doing better. He was released on Tuesday and may not be able to play basketball ever again and can definitely not lift weights anymore, so his competitive basketball days are numbered. They are looking into Marfan's Syndrome (sp?) which afflicted Abraham Lincoln. It's found in tall, skinny, people and affects their aorta which could have caused his lung problem so he's going to have more tests done and hopefully we'll have more answers soon.

Back to the wedding: The day was great. About 40 degrees with a little bit of haze. I was so excited to see Dallin in the temple and we got there pretty early and had a lot of time in the Celestial room to sit. We were surrounded by lots of close friends and family during our sealing, then it was official!

We had our luncheon at the top of the Zion's Bank building. The Pointe catered and it was fabulous! Our reception was at the JSMB and it turned out just as beautiful as I had pictured it in my head. I thought our cake was so yummy too! After more than two hours of continous people coming through the line, we finished up and headed off to Anniversary Inn.

The next morning we flew to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico which was absolutely fabulous! We stayed at the Riu Palace Pacifico, which I highly recommend to anyone, and we were spoiled and sat by the pool all day. It was so fun and relaxing. Especially since we had to come home and move.

We've been moving the past three days straight. Remind me that I never want to move again. I was going to cry if I had to go up the stairs one more time my legs hurt so bad. We finally got everything in yesterday and made huge progress organizing. It'll be so nice when it is done. Our monkey bathroom is adorable, it makes me so happy.

Married life has been fabulous for the whole week I've been a wife. It's given my life a whole new purpose and meaning and I love my husband so much. We've had a lot of fun together and making him happy makes me happy. I love the new adventure we have started together.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy and excited for you. Welcome to married life and it's many adventures.

d.r. gib said...

Scary about your brother, I am glad he is doing better. Welcome to wifehood, it may not be the most glamorous job, but is very important and fulfilling.(And fun, wink wink) Can't wait to see pics of your place!

Ann said...

Yikes about your poor family! I hope your brother feels better soon. Congrats on getting married. Glad to hear your all moved in. I want to see this monkey bathroom. We need pics of the wedding, the honeymoon and everything else!

Liz'n'Steven said...

Amy! I saw the link to your blog on Shelly's site. Just wanted to say hi and that I've missed you! I'm married now, too. I don't know if you knew Steven Thompson - SeƱor Thompson is my father-in-law of all the weird things. You probably knew his sister Kristy or his brother David. Steven and I dated in high school so I'm happy it worked out when he got home from his mission. Anyway, my blog is www.lizthompson.shutterfly.com. It's mostly pictures but if you scroll to the bottom I have updates on my life. We'll have to keep in touch!
Elizabeth (Wickham) Thompson

sexychoco said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you...cannot wait to see the new pad! :) Glad your brother is doing well. I'm glad you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. You deserve it!