Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Back to Reality

I go back to work a week from tomorrow. I work that one day, have a 3-day weekend then start my 4-day workweeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely dreading it. Everyone tells me how hard it is to go back and I can only imagine. I feel so lucky to be able to leave my baby in good hands (my mom and mother-in-law) but in the back of my mind, I know nobody can do the job of mother to Zoey as well as I can.

The plan is for me to work until the end of the year since we hit our out-of-pocket maximum. The only thing I keep telling myself is that this is for Zoey's benefit - so we can get into a house and then I can stay home with her. My mom has a quote posted that I keep running through my brain - "Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment." As much as I want to stay home now, I can't compromise that in the future by being selfish now. I've never been a patient one, I am definitely part of the NOW generation so this is a really hard learning experience for me. I'm just hoping things go a lot smoother and better than everyone says they will.

We are so blessed that Dallin just received a huge promotion at work. This will definitely help us as I cut back or quit altogether. We may not get further ahead, but we'll keep treading water where we are, so we're going to try and get ahead as much as we can while I'm still working this year. Dallin had actually received a different job offer which his job matched and after comparing the two and lots of prayer, we decided it was better for him to stay where he is at. They really love him there and he has great career path potential so we're hoping things keep going great there. I'm so proud of how hard he works and so grateful they realize that and are making him an integral part of their team.

So until 2014, I'm going to try and not wish the days away to when I get to stay home and just enjoy the long weekends I have with my baby, because it is all just going too fast anyway.

No comments: