Monday, May 13, 2013

Best Mother's Day

This was my first official Mother's Day. I've waited a long time to celebrate this day and every gift and card had me choked up in tears because I'm just so darn grateful. I feel so blessed to have my husband who helped me become a mother and my sweet, sweet daughter who made me a mother. They gave me flowers, a cute card that has her hand and footprint in it and a canvas for a picture of my choice. My in-laws gave me some lotions and my parents gave me a book of nursery rhymes and a CD of Primary songs.

Today was also our first outing to church. It was nice to be back since I haven't been since the end of January. I was so proud we got there about 10 minutes early! We had to get up at 10:30 a.m. to be there by 1 p.m. and we were still rushing. Zoey has been a stinker of an eater lately and doesn't want to eat when it's time to eat and is very particular about the temperature of her bottle. She decided she was hungry at 12:30 and pounded 7 ounces. She fell asleep on the way to church so we thought she'd be down for the count since she ate so much but she woke up after a half hour and started pooping. Why she can't poop at home anymore and has to do it while we out and about lately is beyond me. So I did my motherly duty of changing her diaper. We got back to Sacrament meeting and she was fine for a few minutes then just started SCREAMING! I was frantically trying to get my shoes back on (it will be flats next time) and get out of the bench and run out of there. I was mortified - I couldn't even hear the speaker anymore she was screaming so loud. So we spent the remainder of the meeting out in the hall then called it a day. I'm sure this was the first of many Sundays of wrangling my little one and not hearing church but we'll be there for the sake of being obedient. Maybe we'll even make it 2 hours next week. :) They already nailed us down to speak on the 26th - boo!

Overall it was a great day and it was so fun to spend together.

2 comments:

Suz said...

You look absolutely beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

rozanny said...

Happy Mother's Day... The "first" of many! I was reflecting on how lucky we will be to have these sweet spirits as they grow and as we grow old as well. I'm so glad to not be alone.

Good luck with going back to work. You'll do great!