So we had quite the eventful weekend. Saturday night Dallin took Maggie out and she ate a wood chip and started choking. She threw up everywhere outside and was violently gagging and gasping for air. I called the vet and they said it might be stuck so to take her to the animal ER. So we drove to Clinton and took her there. I sat with her in the back of the car and she kept choking and gagging and then projectile vomited all over me and the backseat of my car. Luckily she'd already puked up all her food so it was just foam. She was getting tired and trying to close her eyes
but I wouldn't let her and that's about when I lost it, I was so scared. We got to the ER and they checked her out and couldn't see anything but they wanted to keep an eye on her and do X-rays. The doctor finally came in the x-rays were inconclusive and wanted to do more since she was still gagging and her esophagus was dilated. So we let them do more x-rays and she came in and visited with us and she lapped water out of my hand like it was going out of style. After she drank, her breathing and whines sounded a lot more normal. They wanted to make sure she didn't aspirate and food into her lungs, that she didn't have a breathing condition but I Googled it and was pretty sure she didn't since she'd never exhibited the symptoms before. They told us that if she had something stuck we'd have to take her to the ER in SLC and get it scoped which would cost about $1800. We prayed so hard that wasn't the case and with the new x-rays, they had her eat some dye and everything came out perfectly! We were so, SO grateful and said a huge prayer of gratitude. I've been feeling like I need to get insurance on her for a while but I haven't yet and regret not following that prompting. I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference except for peace of mind. But now we're going to have to postpone her spaying until her throat heals. Luckily the bill only came to $260. We took her home and she was exhausted. She's still been gagging a bit today but only when she get too riled up. We've kept her collar on loose because you can tell her throat is still bothering her, but for good reason! So she's on a special diet of chicken and rice and Pepcid AC. And that brings us to today.I got out of the shower and Dallin and I went to get Maggie up and feed her and as I was trying to dig the lid out of the chicken can I sliced my finger open. My middle finger right on the tip. I knew it was pretty bad immediately. I had to go lay down so I didn't pass out. :) That was fun with a dog licking my face and stepping on my hair. Every time I let pressure off it was just gushing. It became apparent pretty quick that I wasn't going to make it to church. Dallin had to say the opening prayer in Sacrament Meeting and with nursery and everything, I sent him by himself and went to Nurse Mom before heading to Instacare. Luckily (!) mom was able to get it to stop bleeding and steri-stripped it together. It's a bit tender and if I bump it it's awful. But it's attached and I didn't have to go to the hospital so it's all good. It's just been really crazy the past 24 hours!
6 comments:
EVENTFUL for SURE!!!
Glad that Maggie is ok. I hope she keeps getting all better, soon!
As for you, OUCH! Glad it wasn't worse. Take care... of all of you!
Aww! Poor Pup and Poor Amy!! I know how that feels! ICK! Glad you two are ok!
Yikes, I'm glad the weekend is through. I hope both you and Maggie feel better soon.
What an awful weekend. I'm sorry Amy.:(
I'm so glad you Maggie was okay!! That was a crazy weekend for you! Hope everything is well!
Wow what an insane day! I'm glad Maggie is fine and that the bill was manageable. Glad your finger is okay too.
Post a Comment