Yesterday was an awesome day. Dallin's family and I were able to talk to his brother who is currently serving in Argentina and has been out for about 7 months. It was so much fun to feel of the missionary spirit and see his family (and Thomas) so happy he is involved in the Lord's work. It also brought back some really happy memories from my mission too.
Dallin and I were super spoiled by his parents and mine. We were able to open presents at both places and it was so much fun! I got a Wii and lots of things for our new place and my parents are taking us (and the whole family) to Cancun in June.
One of the best Christmas presents we got though was the official word that we have a place to live! I know it'll be sad for Ted's family to see him go but it has been such a huge blessing in our lives to have such a great place to live and it was the last big thing to be crossed off the wedding list. Now we're just into the details and I'll have plenty of time to get organized when I'm done with work next Wednesday.
Dallin and I took our "Groomals" (bridals with the groom) on Tuesday and he looked so handsome in his tux. It was so fun to get all dressed up in our wedding attire and take pictures. It was also a great dress rehearsal for the big day and I think we got some kinks worked out. A cute little girl was staring at me at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and her dad came up to me that she had whispered to him, "Daddy, look, a princess!" It was fun to feel like one for that day. We then proceeded to pick up our marriage license and go to my family's Christmas party. We had a lot of fun spending the day together and laughing.
My hunt for a job continues. If any of you know anything in Salt Lake or Davis counties in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Editing or Human Resources, I have recent experience in all and would appreciate any leads. I'm not looking to work until February but I'm open.
I hope you all had a joyous holiday season and had a wonderful time with your family and friends, basking in the season of our Lord. Be careful in the snow, and if you're some place warm, I'm super jealous.
2 comments:
You are a princess, how sweet! Can we come to Cancun with you?
I'm so happy for you that you're getting married!! It's an incredibly magical day and you'll wish for it back :) CONGRATS!!!
Post a Comment