We had a luncheon at Joy Luck in Bountiful after the ceremony and the reception was at the JSMB downtown. It felt like a lot of travel but I'm glad we didn't have to go to San Diego for the wedding, as was the original plan. It was much nicer to stay close to home with the kids.
Her colors were navy and cranberry. Her reception was actually in the exact same room where Dallin and I had our reception. Whose bright idea was it to put a fountain (actually TWO) outside reception rooms? It was a nightmare with a toddler who was constantly up to her elbows splashing in it. The whole day was just so much work with two kids. It was constant diaper changings and feelings and corralling and chasing. There was so much stimulation, Connor didn't even take a nap.
Zoey had such a fun time on the dance floor pretending to be a ballerina thought. My new brother-on-law is half Tongan so it was a fun and different reception. In Tongan culture, the oldest sister has a lot of responsibility so I had to give a speech. GULP. Which I wrote the night before because I kinda forgot. Yikes. But it went great. Supposedly the oldest sister gets to name the first born child of the couple also, but they already told me I don't get to do that. I'm relieved.
But they had a whole program after the reception line with singing and dancing. The dancers were thronged with people putting dollar bills in their dresses which they gave to the couple. The little girls, including mine, loved picking up the money. Zoey tried to throw it at Becky and it ended up just raining dollar bills. It was adorable. We left as soon as it was over to get two over-tired kids in bed. Now we get to do it all over again in three weeks at my brother's wedding!








No comments:
Post a Comment