Monday, January 25, 2016

Connor's First Food


Connor was so excited to start big-boy food.  He'd been watching us for a while with these little puppy dog eyes every time we put something in our mouths.  I was feeling pretty guilty and decided to start him on rice cereal a little early.  He was soooo happy!  He continues to LOVE it.  I've never seen a kid get so excited for something so gross.

I decided to introduce green beans after a few days.  They did NOT go over well.  He was eating away at his rice cereal then his jaws went into lockdown over those veggies.  And would not budge.  Since then I've done sweet potatoes and carrots and he'll eat a few bites and then hates it.  I'm determined to go through all the veggies a few times before I introduce fruits because I have a feeling he'll love those.  It's funny the different between child 1 and 2.  With Zoey she tried cereal at 6 months on the dot and I was so diligent in feeding her consistently but with Connor I let him eat a little earlier and there are days where I forget to feed him solids but I'm trying to be better.  I also let him try some water out of Zoey's sippy and he was so excited to hold it but I couldn't tell if it came out too fast, was too cold or he's just not used to it and he let it slobber all over himself.  One thing is for sure, this kid's an eater.

No comments: