Thursday, January 21, 2016

Connor's First Haircut

Connor's mop was getting really long and unmanageable.  I was hoping by chopping some off that I could get it to spike up again like it did when he was born but I think it made it a little more curly!  Connor's hair would look so greasy even an hour after I washed it so it was time to go.

He was so good during his cut.  He only kept moving his head to see what the lady was doing and when it tickled.  We took him to Cookie Cutters and Zoey had a blast sliding down the slide as we focused on Connor.

The stylist asked me what I wanted on the sides.  Two, 3, 4, etc.  Excuse me, what?  I've never been to a boy hair cut, I don't even know what that means!  Dallin had just got his hair cut we used his hair as an example so we went with a 3.  As she started shaving it off I about died.  My baby was going to be bald!  And my mom was going to kill me!  Good thing it's just hair and it grows back and he has hair to spare!  In my defense, I thought that 4 was the longest they did so I thought a 3 would be ok.  I guess they go to 8.  Rookie mistake.  Luckily that's just what they do on the sides and she trimmed the top off.  He looked so seriously adorable afterward - and so grown up!  It was a strange thing to do, to give a 5-month-old a haircut when Zoey had her first haircut at 2-years-old!  I think he has less hair now than when he was born!  And it looks so blonde now (especially with the greasiness gone).  But it's allowed me to work out the last of the cradle cap and it looks healthy and clean.  My little boy is so grown up!



No comments: