Thursday, May 7, 2015

24 Weeks **Baby #2**

I've been feeling guilty lately that I haven't kept up with this pregnancy like I did Zoey's.  Maybe it's because I'm busy chasing a toddler or we announced it later so I am having a hard time wrapping my head around meeting this little babe in about 3 short months or because I've been deathly ill with virus after virus that I can hardly function.   Anyway, here we are, starting at week 24.

Symptoms: swollen fingers in heat, fatigue, joint/ligament aches and pains, CRAPPY immune system, LOTS of kicks and wiggles and belly jiggles, incontinence (TMI?), weird skin reactions, hormonal/emotional/weepy. 

Cravings: nothing in particular.  A Coke here, a piece of candy there.  Keeping sugar to a minimum cause it makes me feel like CRAP.  Hoping I pass the GD screening in a couple weeks.   Force-feeding myself a scrambled egg every morning cause if I start off with some protein, it just makes my day go better and makes me feel better.

Clothes:  Been wearing maternity stuff pretty much since week 18.  I can still wear some regular shirts so that will make my wardrobe last longer.

Thing to Remember:  This week I've had a killer sore throat, which turned into some sort of cold which turned into laryngitis and a horrible cough (bronchitis) on top of a tummy bug.  KILL ME PLEASE.   The body aches about did me in.  After a priesthood blessing, the aches went away immediately and I was ok to live still.  The coughing is now keeping me up for hours at night and I'm a little nervous about it developing into pneumonia.  Here's to hoping it doesn't.  Poor Zoey has a double ear infection and Pink Eye so we are just a mess around here and I'm waiting to catch what she has.  We're really good at sharing.  I have been sick for a solid 3 weeks (since she got her tonsils out) with various viruses.  I'm miserable.  It's making this pregnancy incredibly hard.  We're all ready for a little break and some sleep.

To Do: GET BETTER.  And oh so much, but I can't focus on those things yet, I'm too busy dying.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Boo to being sick...you need a few days of sun and rest and relaxation!