Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Baby Is 2!



I didn't want Zoey to be born on Valentine's Day.  I was super bummed about it.  But now, I've embraced it and can't think of a better day she could have had for a day to celebrate her birthday.  It is all about love and that is exactly who Zoey is.  She is still my little cuddle bug.  We've finally got her (mostly) sleeping in her bed for the whole night (she will usually wake up 30-60 minutes before actually waking up and want to snuggle).  During snuggle time you can frequently find her wrapping her arm around my head to craddle my face with her hand, or her leaning over to give me little kisses or snuggling her head right next to mine (even with stinky morning breath for both of us).  And when she random tells me, "Wuv you mama" I think my heart might explode and melt into a little puddle all at the same time.   She is my world.  My purpose.  My miracle.

At two, she talks amazingly.  People are always commenting on her vocabulary and the clear way she expresses herself.  It's so fun to talk to her and get a peek into her little brain and what's been going on in there.  She is pretty smart and has the memory of an elephant.  She's hit her two-year-old stride and throws the tantrums to prove it.  If they're not too annoying, I'm generally snickering because some of the reasons for tantrums are so ridiculous.  We have become masters at the art of distraction to get her to snap out of a tantrum, lay still for a diaper change or get her shoes on.

She's a bit of a better eater.  She's loving apple juice right now much to my disdain.  She is kind of an anomaly and still loves fruits and veggies and anything with strong flavor.   She'll eat broccoli and carrots and apples, some salad and the usual french fries, ramen noodles and hot dogs.  She's obsessed with eating ice chips but I think that has more to do with her anemia than anything.

She is such a girlie girl and I love it.  Sometimes she'll let me paint her toenails but only on her terms.  I usually have to distract her to finish up her toes because she gets bored.   She loves to play kitchen and "cook" and is quite the little mommy.  She rarely goes anywhere without her baby and the bottle.  Heaven help us if we can't find the bottle!  She pushes her baby around in the stroller and "bathes" it and puts it "noni noni" (to sleep).

I love having a little buddy.  And we are the best of buddies.  She is content to hang out while I do laundry or just follow me around.  She loves to go to the park and go down the slide.  She's learning to climb which gives me a heart attack but I try to give her a little freedom to explore.  She LOVES music and will be starting dance classes soon.  Her favorite songs are "Roar" by Katy Perry and "Animals" by Maroon 5. She asks for them constantly.  She's even starting to sing along and has picked out words and can sing the melodies.

There really aren't words for how much we love this kid.  She is amazing and such a light in our family.  Her silly personality keeps everyone laughing and she is so sweet and polite.  I don't take credit for any of it, it's just inherently who she is.  I can't wait to continue to watch her learn and grow and see the incredible person she develops in to.  We love her most.  

No comments: