Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Funny Tummy

Ever since the flu, Zoey's had some tummy problems.  Spitting up, coughing and swallowing the spit up back down, and crazy hiccups.  I took her to her gastro specialist at Primarys again and she thinks she has esophogeal dismotility where her esophagus isn't moving in rhythm, so she's on a new med and if that doesn't work she'll have a scope. :(  We've hit our deductible so I guess if it needs to happen now is the time.


After weeks of puking I pushed for the scope.  It was heartbreaking to do to her, I had a panic attack on the way to the hospital.  She did looks so cute in her little gown and Primary's really does know how to treat kids.  They gave her some Versed to calm her before they took her back and she was so floppy and funny, I had to take a video.  She was SO mad when she woke up, I hated it.  I felt terrible.  And all they found was that she was anemic.  Hmmm.  So I put her on some supplements from the Health Spot for tummies and she has been doing much better.  No more acid, no more hiccups (took about a week to clear up).  I can tell when she needs a dose because she starts reluxing again.  I've also try to avoid dairy with her.  We did gluten-free for about 4 days but she refused to eat and it didn't seem to make much of a difference but dairy-free is clearing up her eczema and seems to help her tummy.  Glad that's all behind us now.

I ended up buying her one of those little cars for Christmas because she liked it so much.  She's obsessed with "driving" now.




No comments: