Sunday, January 26, 2014

Five Whole Years

Our actual anniversary was pretty low-key with a dinner date at the Cheesecake Factory.  We had wanted to do something "big" but we're taking two cruises this year, one to the Carribbean with the Plaizier's and one to Alaska with my family, that we figured that was enough travel for the year we didn't need to go anywhere for our anniversary.
Dallin actually ended up having a conference in St. George the week after our anniversary so we decided to make it a little getaway and leave Zoey for the first time - eek!

We dropped Zoey off at my parents Thursday morning and headed down.  We got there and Dallin had to head off for a tour.  I stayed in the room and relaxed and watched TV and played on my iPad.  When Dallin got back we went to a dinner with his coworkers.  It was on agricultural lending and was pretty boring.  The food was just meh and I played on my phone for the whole hour since it was all over my head and not super interesting.  We went back to the room and were in bed by 9 pm!  I actually went to sleep at 10:30 pm which was the first time I'd gone to sleep before midnight in weeks!

The next morning I woke up early and took care of checking us out then right back in since we had two separate reservations (but the same room) then after Dallin went to his conference, I took a nap and then went to the hotel gym.  I felt awesome running so was able to do my 5K at my regular speed and ran the whole time!  That was the first time I'd done that in about 2.5 years!

I got cleaned up and called my mom and Zoey had been throwing up all night.  Great.  I leave her for the first time and she gets sick!  My mom threatened me that I was forbidden from coming home so when Dallin got back we decided to continue with our getaway and headed to Jimmy John's then the St. George temple.  We were able to see the new NEW video for the first time.  I loved it!  We went back to the hotel and changed and headed to the theater to see Jack Ryan.  I actually liked the movie a lot more than I thought I would.  We went to Chili's afterward for dinner.  It was fun to spend time with Dallin and just get up and go.  I felt so guilty not being there for my baby though.

That night we stayed up late watching Mitt Romney on the Jimmy Fallon show but were able to sleep in.  We weren't super hungry so shared an order of sweet cream pancakes at one of our favorite places - the Black Bear Cafe then hit the road.  On the way home we stopped to visit my grandparents' graves in Payson and were surprised at how far along the temple is there!  It's beautiful!  The stained glass is amazing.  My grandpa grew up in Payson and I'm sure he's just thrilled in heaven that they are getting a temple. (Sorry for the sideways pics, no matter what I did they wouldn't turn).  

It was great to be reunited with Zoey.  I was so excited to see her!  She was feeling much better also.  My parents took us to dinner and we went home and played as a family.  Then the flu set in on my mom, my sister and me.  The first time I've thrown up in 10 years!  Yuck.  But the trip was worth it and I know my family had such a good time with Zoey even though she got them sick.




1 comment:

sexychoco said...

Glad you had fun, but sorry you got sick!! :(