How is this even possible?!? I remember VIVIDLY the day Zoey was born and it seems like just yesterday and here it is almost a year ago. Birthday party plans are in full swing. It will be a heart theme - naturally. Probably a small party since it will be on Valentine's Day, most people have plans. At 11 months:
Zoey pulled herself up to standing for the first time today. It lasted a split-second as she lost her balance. She went right back at it but her legs were too weak.
Something in the last week or so has just "clicked" for her. I can tell the difference. She UNDERSTANDS. For example, Sesame Street came on and Elmo was talking and she pointed to Elmo on the TV then her Elmo doll.
She opens and closes her mouth when you ask her what the fishie says.
She rubs her tummy to sign "please."
LOVES the Jesus pictures in the Relief Society room. She points to all of them and gets really excited.
She's been pretty sick the last couple weeks. She had an almost constant low-grade fever for 5 days and then we found out it had turned into a double ear infection. She was a jewel - never cried - so we had no idea how miserable she was. We just got it checked out and it still hasn't cleared up and one drum had ruptured. Again, she never cried, just pulled at her ears. She is awesome.
Totally made my day today. I was having one of THOSE days where I broke a plate, spilled my dinner all over the floor, am tired, haven't seen my hubby in days it seems like, she fought me going down for a nap; but I dropped a cookie and she just started giggling hysterically. It made me laugh and it just made everything seem all better. Her personality and optimism is contagious and I love that she makes me laugh and not sweat the small stuff.
Loves to hold lotions and chapsticks and bang them together. Loves to bang everything together.
Knows how to put her play balls in the play chicken's head where they are supposed to go.
Army crawls and still scoots like a champ. I guess crawling isn't that exciting.
Her hair is getting really thick and coming in nicely.
Weighs 22 lbs. and is in size 4 diapers. Wears mostly 18 month pants but 12-18 month tops.
Gives the best hugs and kisses. I love that she's a cuddle-bug.
Is a Daddy's girl at nighttime.
Is strong-willed but also happy-go-lucky and is fine to go with the flow.
Can drink from a straw.
Blows kisses.
Is the best little girl this mama could ask for. We are SO blessed to have her in our lives. We are so thankful she is ours forever.
Gives the best hugs and kisses. I love that she's a cuddle-bug.
Is a Daddy's girl at nighttime.
Is strong-willed but also happy-go-lucky and is fine to go with the flow.
Can drink from a straw.
Blows kisses.
Is the best little girl this mama could ask for. We are SO blessed to have her in our lives. We are so thankful she is ours forever.
2 comments:
She is so adorable!
It was so good to see you guys last week. Can't believe she is almost a year old. I used to wish I could speed up time...now I wish I could slow it down.
Post a Comment