Balmy Christmas
Zoey's first Christmas was a beautiful, clear, blue day. It was so nice to see the mountains and the weather was just perfect. I actually had to turn on the air in the car at one point the sun was so warm. We woke up and got dressed and headed to my parents' house to open gifts. We got there around 9 a.m. and had a breakfast casserole, biscuits and gravy and blueberry muffins. Poor Dallin was deathly ill. He stayed bundled up on the couch. I've never seen him so sick. We was running a fever and was all stuffed up. After present opening I sent him upstairs for a nap and Zoey got a little snooze too.
I loaded up our haul and we headed back to the Plaizier's to open gifts. Zoey stayed konked out in her car seat and Dallin kept falling asleep in between his gifts. I sent him to bed and when Zoey woke up she had a pile of presents to open. She was more interested in playing with scraps of paper and opening drawers. While Dallin slept we all headed over to Dallin's aunt's house for Christmas lunch. We had a fun time visiting and doing white elephants. I actually ended up with a small propane grill which isn't too shabby for a white elephant! I stayed out of the glitter war that ensued between the boys.
Afterward, Zoey and I ran home and checked on Dallin then bundled up and headed back to my parents' to go see the lights on Temple Square. I was kind of sad I hadn't taken Zoey to do that yet so it was the perfect opportunity. What was even better was that tons of people were paying for parking but the parking under the conference center was open and free!

Temple Square wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be and I think Christmas night may be the time to go. It was a great spirit and Zoey was a trooper and only started fussing toward the end when she was tired and her nose and cheeks were pink from the cold.
We came home and Dallin seemed to be doing a little bit better. We went to bed and decided to open our presents in the morning where he wouldn't sleep completely through Zoey's first Christmas.
The next morning was a lot better and we opened our presents around noon. Zoey was playing with my Twix from my stocking and full on threw an arching back, fling herself on the floor tantrum when I took it away to open her presents. So I gave her the Twix back and opened her presents for her. She got lots of fun toys and books and stuffed animals (complete with Curious George and a Hug Me Elmo which are adorable) and like all girls need - clothes.

We had a great Christmas - minus the sickness. We were spoiled and will be taking a trip with each of our families this coming year - we are so excited. We loved all the time we were able to spend with our families and at parties and enjoying the season and traditions. Today we drove through the lighted park in Layton. It was underwhelming but Zoey loved it. She's loved everything - the Festival of Trees, Temple Square, parties, nutcrackers, the tree, well, everything but opening presents and my grandpa and Santa. I have a feeling next year will be completely different.
No comments:
Post a Comment