Friday, November 15, 2013

Baby: 9 Months

Zoey has been out longer than in by a couple weeks!  Her personality is really blossoming and shining more and more.  And she is funny!  We makes all sorts of faces to be expressive or just to be funny.  She takes to mimicking our faces we make at her too which leaves us all giggling.  She is definitely a lot more interactive and really so much fun.

Nine months has also brought about the stranger aversion and clingy phase.  This has been the most challenging for me.  I can't leave her sight without her screaming bloody murder.  She has also decided she doesn't like sleeping at night either and wants me to hold her all. the. time.  This means a lot of times I fall asleep holding her because I'm so exhausted and it's developing a really bad habit that I'm not happy about.

With me not working any more, it's been a transition for both of us.  I love that she likes me around all the time and clamors up my leg for me to hold her, but also makes me really unproductive.  I try to remember that this is just a phase and there will be a time I will wish she still cuddled and will cry when she sees me rather than not, so I'm doing my best to grin and bear it.  I have to remember her world was turned upside down with me home now too and I have failed at establishing a good routine as of yet.  Most of her naps are spent in the car seat and my goal is to get us in a better routine.  It probably doesn't help that she just cut tooth #5 (another one on the bottom) which may explain some of the sleepless nights.

Another few facts about Miss Zo Zo:

She likes to touch everything

She HATES peas but has done well with everything else

She won't eat the little puffs, she just spits them out - a weird new texture I guess

She won't hold a bottle or sippy cup - she wants us to feed her

She is still struggling with acid.  Her new formula cleared up her ezcema but we're still dealing with tummy issues so I'm going to try Nutramigen.  She HATES the taste of it so we're going to mix the two for a while to see if we can get her used to it.

She loves to dance and wave her arms

Uses her voice like crazy - it's so fun to hear her babble

Scoots backward on her tummy and can scoot on her bum -  no crawling yet

She is a genuine cheeseball

Likes to pull off her socks

Got her first bonk by falling over and smashing her forehead into the table leg - so sad!

Has started to pat my back when I snuggle her

Loves little people her same size

Holds her hands out for people to hold her or pick her up

Loves doggies and monkeys

Wears some 9 mo clothes but mostly 12 mo clothes

Wears size 3 diapers




 

1 comment:

rozanny said...

She's getting so grown up so quickly!