Our pediatrician is REALLY conservative. He was actually MY pediatrician so he's been around for a while. So we just started rice cereal on Zoey's 6 month birthday. A couple weeks later we introduced green beans and did that for a week and now we're on carrot. I chose green beans first since those are the veggies I cook the most. They went over pretty well if they were mixed with the cereal. (She hates the cereal plain. I don't blame her, I tasted a teeny bit and it was like paste). Today we mixed it with carrots and then she proceeded to eat almost the entire jar of carrots plain. The theory is by introducing veggies first, they learn to like them and develop a palate for them before you introduce the "sweets" i.e. fruit. Because once they have the sweets, it's game over and that's all they want. So we do each one for a week just to ensure there aren't any allergic reactions and if there are, they are easy to pinpoint.My mom and I also went up to Swiss Days and it was so stinking hot. Borderline miserable. And my baby hates to be hot. So we kept spritzing water on her and actually gave some to her to drink. She kind of liked it. Pres. Uchtdorf actually walked right by us so I took Zoey to say hello. He commented on her, "big blue eyes. Swiss blue eyes." :)
Yesterday I got home and found this little guy on the driveway. After backing my car and driving it forward about four times I finally ran it over. Ick! This is the second snake sighting at the house. Dallin saw the last one while mowing the lawn and it was way bigger than this. The thing that scares me is that if there is one baby snake, there are probably more baby snakes.
That's what we've been up to!

1 comment:
I keep meaning to make it to the Swiss Days, and every year something happens and we can't make it... maybe next year...
Post a Comment