Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bombs Bursting in Air

 We headed up to the fireworks at Eaglewood (per tradition) on the 3rd of July.  When we finally got there, Zoey was hungry so I forced about 2 oz. down her since she was too enthralled with the people-watching to really eat.


I was a little curious as to how she'd react to the fireworks but when they finally started, she was ENTRALLED.  She just sat on my lap and didn't take her eyes off of them...then fell asleep in 10 min.  It was her bedtime anyway.

She wasn't happy on the way home - she got too hot with her jacket on - then got to bed way too late and slept until 9 am!  This weekend was an experiment on how long she'd actually sleep and it was close to 9 hours.  No wonder she cries when I wake her up to eat at 6:30 am.  Blasted job...

Our 4th of July festivities continued on the 4th with a BBQ with Dallin's family.  Mine was partying hard up in Lava Hot Springs.  We had dutch oven chicken, corn, yummy salads and dutch oven peach cobbler with ice cream.  We ended the night roasting s'mores in the firepit.  It was also Zoey's first time on grass.  She didn't mind it at all!  She is totally her father's child.  I have pictures of myself as a baby screaming my head off I hated it so bad and she didn't even mind one bit.  She's so easy-going about everything that if something makes her mad, I really take note and try to not expose her to it again (except tummy-time, sorry Zo Zo).

On the 5th we headed to the rec center to swim with Abuelita and Uncle Brian.  We were sure spoiled to have Dallin home all weekend too.  She loved the pool and loved chewing on the plastic star fish on her floatie.  After about an hour she was so tired we headed for home.  We went over to our old neighbor's house for take out and games.  It was good to be back in our old stomping grounds, I miss it so much.  We have so many great memories there and it just wouldn't be the same without Mags.

On the 6th it was Dallin's birthday and we had family over for a BBQ of hamburgers and to watch the UFC fights.  Dallin and I had gone to lunch at the World's Best Corndog place on Main Street in Kaysville that afternoon.  The corndogs were really yummy and you could get one with a drink for $5.  They even drizzled it with honey if you wanted which was yummy but bordering on too sweet.  I really liked them but they weren't QUITE as good as Disneyland.  I think it was the Costco hot dogs they use which gave me killer heartburn the rest of the day.

I think Dallin had a really great #31.  The UFC fight was actually really good and not bloody which is the only way I'll watch.

Look at my teeth!
So here we are with the 4th under our belts.  Like I always say, once the 4th hits, the rest of the year is almost over and just FLIES by.



2 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like a fun 4th! I love Zoey's cute swimming suit.

rozanny said...

She's getting so big! And I absolutely LOVE her butterfly...