Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blessing

I'm really far behind.  Zoey's blessing day was a beautiful, hot, summer day on June 2.  We tried to make it a wonderful day and not think about the decision we'd made about Mags.  I was so excited to get Zoey dressed in her pretty white dress my mom bought for her.  We'd shopped tons of stores before finally settling on this one.  I think it was perfect.

Our families came over before church for photo ops because we knew afterward would be too crazy.  We got Zoey all fed and I was stressed putting her in the carseat in her dress since she never burped!  I was sure she'd puke everywhere.  She fell asleep on the way over and I left her in her carseat for a minute then took her out since she was getting too hot.  She was fine until right before they called her up and she started to fuss.  Yikes!

She calmed down and Dallin gave her a wonderful, sweet, blessing.  Our fathers and brothers were in the circle.  My grandpa wasn't feeling up to it and was so bummed and cried that he wasn't well enough to stand in the circle. :(

After Sacrament Meeting we rushed home to feed the throngs of people.  We had invited 115 people - almost exclusively family.  Dallin's cousin's wife asked me, "Is this ALL family?"  I said, "Yup!  Pretty much!"  It was an overwhelming and awesome sight. Dallin's uncle is suffering from cancer and we had had a special family fast as well.  After breaking the fast I thought about how we'll all be together in the eternities and it was really cool.  I love each of them so much and for so many different reasons and it's so wonderful to know we'll always be together.

We had a lunch of pulled pork sandwiches, salads and desserts.  I spent most of the time running around and didn't get to spend as much time visiting as I would have liked.  Zoey spent the afternoon inside where it was nice and air conditioned and napping in her auntie's arms.  We did miss my best friend Suzanne who was invited to her little boy's birthday party and spent the morning in labor!  Such an exciting day for her!  We were so excited to meet little Phin later on that week.

Maggie spent the afternoon begging for food and laying in the shade.  Lots of people commented on how she wasn't herself and she was just laying around.  She was pretty sick that day.  We were glad that people got to say goodbye.  After things were cleaned up our families got to say goodbye to her.  Our parents all cried. It was really hard to watch.  We finally let ourselves feel the sadness we'd been hiding and let the tears come.

We are so grateful for the Gospel and the miracle we feel Zoey is.  She is so wonderful and I'm so glad that Dallin is worthy to hold the priesthood and give her a name and a blessing.  We felt so loved that day and are so appreciative to all those who came out and supported us and Baby Zoey.

No comments: