Saturday, November 19, 2011

Table

If you ever see Dallin and me at a restaurant on a date, don't sit at the table next to us. We have this terrible/hilarious/awesome habit of listening to other people's conversations while we're at dinner. Before you go judging us on our obtrusive habits, maybe you should feel bad that we're boring enough that we HAVE to listen in. HA!

Today we had probably the biggest doozy of a conversation at Olive Garden. After the table was done eating and had paid, the younger couple got in an argument with the man's parents about them being intrusive and offending them, etc. The long and short of it is, I, luckily, can never picture having that conversation with Dallin's family nor him with mine. I feel so very blessed to have married into a family who loves me as much as if I was their own and I love them back. It makes me sad that people have such horrible relationships with their in-laws when it can be one of the most rewarding. Who doesn't need more family around? In the end, they're the only ones who'll drop anything to come to your rescue...which leads me to a Maggie update...

No comments: