Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad

In honor of Father's Day I wanted to pay tribute to my dad. He exemplifies hard-work, honesty, integrity, spirituality, love and a pretty darn-good golf swing. He has a tender heart and always seeks the counsel of the Lord. He is such a wonderful example in my life. I love him so much. The past few years have been such a trial for him but I've seen him keep his chin up, never stoop to low levels and my parents' relationship has been strengthened. I'm so honored to be a part of his family and learn from my dad. I'll always be Daddy's Little Girl.

I am also blessed to have a wonderful father-in-law. Not only do I not dread going to my in-laws, I thoroughly enjoy it. Mike has welcomed me as one of his own. He is the most generous guy I've ever met. He's always good for a laugh or prank but has such a wise soul. He's taught his children hard work through his example and there isn't a much better example than him.

Also, my dear husband. He's not a father to a child, but to our puppy. When the time comes, I know he will be the most amazing father. It will be fun to see that day and how he interacts with our children. We've pretty much already fallen into our roles as we teach Maggie. I'm definitely the "iron fist" and he's the "fun one." He is sweet and tender and playful and she has him wrapped around her little paw. I love Dallin so much and am so grateful he chose me to share his life with him.

To all of the men in our lives, Happy Father's Day.

No comments: