Friday night I left work a little early and went to stand in the standby line for MoTab/David Archuleta tickets. So I bundled up tight (it was FREEZING! Said with the wind chill it felt like 13 degrees) and sat myself in line.Around 5 p.m. some ushers came by to tell us that NOBODY Thursday night got in on standby. I guess they over"sell" the center by 25% because of all the people who don't come. Usually 500-600 people from standby get in but they said our chances were slim to none. So I left Dallin in line and took to begging on the street. I lost all pride. I was shy at first but then I scored tickets really quick! We had friends coming with us so we needed 4 tickets. This lady handed me what I thought were three
tickets so I took to looking as sad as possible asking for just ONE extra ticket. I scored it quickly too! I was stoked. So I ran to get in line and realized that one of the three tickets was actually just an address label! AUGH-PANIC!! So it was back to the street I went. There were lots of people there with signs then these stupid 16-year-old girls took to singing so no one could hear me. By some luck I got one more ticket!! So we ran in and got our seats. Even people with tickets, if they showed up too late, would be turned away because there wasn't enough room. All the people with tickets plus the 25% extra they hand out were all showing up! I was soooooo happy that we got in! It made freezing my bu
tt off worth it. The concert was AMAZING! The prophet was there and I just love how everyone stands and it's silent. The Spirit was so strong.Ok, so I totally have a crush on David Archuleta. His voice was amazing. His Silent Night rendition almost made me cry. You can't imagine the note he hit at the end of the last song "DE-O!!!." People went crazy and gave him a standing ovation so he came out and did it again and people went nuts again. I wish I could kidnap him and keep him in my pocket and make him sing to me whenever I want. He's so adorable. My new plan is to vie for him to marry my sister even though she is taller than him. Then I can make him sing whenever I want! HAHA. So glad we got to go and it really put me in the Christmas spirit.
1 comment:
I am not really sure what you mean by begging you might need to demonstrate for me some time. I'm curious! Love that you got to go. Love that you lost all pride for a good cause! And I love that you are obsessed with David, I think your plan ROCKS! Love you!
Post a Comment