think we bought every healthy thing available. And I'm going to make myself like almonds. I'm freezing yogurt to hopefully make me like it more. Maybe it's the texture, I don't know. But my doctor gave me a lot of good ideas and I'm on a low carb, high protein diet and my snacks now include string cheese and berries (but not mixed together).
It's been an arduous journey the past few months. With all my running, I haven't dropped a single pound. So what's the point of eating rabbit food when a cheeseburger does the exact same thing? I thought I knew my body well but it's pulling a fast one on me. I'm used to easily dropping weight and maintaining and now it's maintaining at a steady XL. So this is my last-ditch effort to fit back in those jeans and look like myself again. It's a double-edged sword, feel emotionally and mentally like myself and look bad physically or vice-versa but I'm determined to have the best of both worlds. I am hopefully losing inches although the scale isn't as nice, a lot of people have commented. But until those jeans fit, my mission is not finished. Enough lamenting.
We got home from the grocery store and found treats on our doorstep. Cupcakes I must add. We'd been "boo"-d by an unknown neighbor. It made me feel good that someone thought of us. And since the good food enters my body tomorrow, I did eat a cupcake. I did! And it was good. And I lost weight overnight even after eating that cupcake (see what I mean?). The real justification was that I was significantly under my calories anyway for the day so the cupcake was ok even though it provided no nutritional value. I may cheat once in a while but I'm changing my life to eat stuff that is good for me with an occasional splurge. And I'm not going to suffer.
I just wanted to post this picture from last week too. The Fall colors with the snow was quite beautiful even if the snow was ugly.
6 comments:
Good luck! I know what you mean, busting your but and seeing a loss of nothing is so frustrating! Keep us posted, I need help fitting into my jeans as well!
I heart that picture of the mountains!
I'm in the same boat. I got some good advice from our gym teacher at my work, she's a professional body builder. She taught me about lifting weighs the right way and stuff. If you're interested, we could go to the gym together and I could show you.
What I want to know is did you get any strange looks when you were taking a pic of your grocery shopping cart??!! ;) I love Biggest Loser, because it always motivates me to be better--sorta like church :) Except i hate that tracy girl on there...ugh!!
i can totally relate!! keep up the great work! it is hard for me to eat yogurt too. i think it is the texture.
I so hear you on your weight-loss journey. I can be faithful at the gym for months without any progress on the scale - but then I never seem to get food and exercise at the same time. If only... Keep up the good work! You'll get there!
I wanted to say good luck too! I know it's hard to lose weight... I mean, look at me... It doesn't sound like you've got what I do, but if those pounds are still stubborn after this effort you might want to find out if you're insulin resistant. I am... and it is something that can develop over time as well...
Post a Comment