Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Connor - 11 months

One more mouth before the big birthday. Man, that flew by. Maybe not the first couple months but after that, it really went by in a blink. I can't believe we'll be having a birthday party next post!

At 11 months Connor:
-Can point with his pointer finger
-Opens and closes his hand when he wants something
-Can pull himself up to standing and awkwardly walk along furniture
-Can shake his head back and forth like a pendulum
-His favorite word by far is "uh-oh" and says it constantly
-Is sick of being a baby and really over bottles but I have tubs of it in storage so he gets to keep drinking
-Is in size 5 diapers during the day and size 6 nighttime diapers
-Sometimes forgoes his morning nap and I think he'll kick it before long
-Gets up way too early in the morning. He doesn't have a set time, it's so sporadic, is driving me crazy
-Has to have a binky to go to sleep, and likes a white noise machine too
-Is quickly growing out of his 18-24 month clothes so I had to go but MORE clothes for him to get through the summer.  He fits 24 month and 2T clothes quite nicely
-Gets up on all fours to push to sitting but mainly still army crawls
-Loves the bathroom for some reason so we have to keep the door closed
-Had a blast in swimming lessons splashing and wiggling the whole time
-Loves balls and went to sleep with one a couple of times
-Never stops moving
-Gets so excited and shakes his hands and kicks his feet really fast
-Loves to jabber, loudly, which has also lead to squealing for attention and it's ear-splitting
-His nails grow so fast I have to cut them twice a week and he hates it.  It's a wrestling match
-Pulled the cold air return vent off the wall (it was screwed in).  He's like Godzilla
-Goes to do something he knows he's not supposed to and will stop and give me a grin and I'll tell him "no" and he'll laugh/squeal and scurry away to do it anyway
-Loves his sissy still.  He'll sometimes stare at her baby picture on the wall and smile at it
-Does awesome "shakies"
-Has been trying more table food
-Gives kisses
-I swear he repeats words we say.  He said "apple juice" clear as day the other day (my mom heard it too!) but doesn't talk, I guess he just mimics
-Will lock his legs so he stays standing instead of sitting down
-Is so lovable and squishy!  Random strangers come up to me and ask to squeeze his thighs
-Always the first to smile.  He has the most pleasant attitude and demeanor.  I wish I was like him
-Has 7 teeth
-Needs another haircut






1 comment:

Suz said...

11 months...wow that did go by fast. What a sweet sweet boy you have been blessed with. I am so excited to see his personality come out even more in the next year. Just 7 months to nursery!