Thursday, April 28, 2016

Zoey Picasso

Zoey draws on anything she can get her hands on.  I've gone through almost an entire ream of paper.  She'll take envelopes, copies, etc. as long as there are no other drawings on there.  She is quite the perfectionist though and if it's not just right, we start all over on a new paper.  Yikes.  Zoey's artistic skills continue to amaze me and are getting more and more detailed.  She started out drawing circles and then started adding colors.  Then they turned out to be red apples with brown stems and a green leaf.  Then she started doing yellow suns with a circle and a bunch of lines.  Then trees with a green circle and brown trunk.  Now she does people.

Dallin and his beard
Each person she draws is in accordance with their favorite color.  Ironically, she tells me that Connor's favorite color is white so he is never seen on any of the drawings even though she does use a white crayon...I think, ha ha.  I am orange, she is green, Dallin is blue, etc.  She draws a circle for the person and draws their eyes AND their pupils and then adds ears, hair, arms and legs.  There is usually a red circle close by for their heart.  Sometimes she adds fingers and toes, earrings or bracelets or cell phones.  Sometimes eyebrows or eyelashes and their name.  It amazes me to see what her imagination comes up with and her creativity.  She definitely got her artistic ability from her dad because her stick figures are better than mine.  What's so interesting too, is a lot of the times she draws upside down - the whole thing - and it looks amazing for a 3-year-old.  I have tried to encourage and foster this talent and let her finger paint, paint other pictures or bird houses, etc.  The other day as she was painting she mixed yellow and blue together and proudly announced to me that yellow and blue make green.  I was dumbfounded.  Observant, this child.  I hope she continues to do what she loves and finds joy in it.

No comments: