Friday, April 4, 2014

Fun Times

Just a few things we've been up to lately:

We were able to go to the Jazz game last month.  My parents' friends gave us their tickets so we were about to go with my brother and sister and enjoy a night away.  These friends have awesome seats that also come with dinner at the Legend's Club.  Complete with their name on a plaque on their table.  The food was yummy and Becky spared no expense at the potato's sake.  Then we watched the Jazz get blown out on the 10th row.  At half time you go back to the club and they have snacks and dessert.  I ate myself silly.


Next my brother gave Dallin and I tickets to see Brian Reagan.  We'd never heard any of his stuff but we had a nice night laughing and forgetting our troubles with the complicated pregnancy.  It's so refreshing to hear good, clean, jokes.


My mom recently had a heart procedure.  She has a left bundle branch blockage.  We were worried at first that it would be a valve issue and have to have a stint or angioplasty but it turns out to be something electrical.  She's wearing a heart monitor right now and will eventually probably have to have a pacemaker.  She'd been passing out while exercising for the past YEAR and finally went to the doctor.  Nurses, I tell ya.


My dad was made bishop of a YSA ward.  We're excited for him.  This isn't his first rodeo but he's also not as young as he used to be and is already worn out.  I know The Lord will give him the strength he needs to keep up with these kids and demanding calling.

I also wanted to document Zoey's vocabulary.  It is so funny and I think she is so smart:

She says "nana" for banana.  Also, "buh" for bug, or "buh-buh" for ladybug.
She's started to fold her arms for prayer and will leave them folded and stay quiet the whole time then she'll actually say "amen" at the end.  She did this at church (loudly) and everyone around us was amazed.

She says "brrr" for bird.

Says, "WOOOOOOW."

She can tell you what the sheep says (ba), the snake says (sss), the doggie says (oof), the daddy says (blllhh - blows a raspberry), fish says (opens and closes her mouth), bunny says (bop, bop [hop, hop]).

She says ba-pa for grandpa and mmmm-ma for grandma.  I am just so impressed that she says all these 2 syllable words and she's barely one!

She says ah-oh for uh-oh.  Also, eh-mo for Elmo.  She says Hi, mama, dada, hey, meh-men (amen), ba (ball), nigh nigh (night night)
She has started to kick her legs to kick the ball. 
When she blows kisses she licks her hand.
When she shakes her head "yes" she shakes her whole body.

She can hold up one finger when you ask her how old she is.

She's also getting more daring with walking.  She is sturider on her legs and can actually crawl (normally) like a champ.  If I let go and she doesn't get too excited, she can stand by herself for a couple seconds.  She walks around furniture and is starting to let go and lunch at another piece of furniture and move that way.  She recently learned how to go up the stairs (15 minutes after I was telling a friend she didn't know how to) but will only do it when we're not looking.

We also spend an hour in nursery on Sunday.  She was being a terror and there are only 2 kids in our nursery so they were kind enough to let us come in.  The other girls are 3 so they are pretty rough and kept stealing her toys but I think she had a fun time, even after bonking her forehead on the window sill.  She's also in that awful stage where she falls down and does weird things and hurts herself constantly.  I hate it.  She is florishing and we are so in love with her!  It's so fun to see what new thing she learns seemingly every day!








1 comment:

Sarah Preston said...

1. If your mom has anything else done with her heart, I KNOW the doctor that she needs to go to. I wish I would have gone to him very first. I hope she feels better.
2. We had to have been super close to each other at the Jazz game!