Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back

I had been dreading the last 4 weeks, but we survived!  Dallin has been traveling for work to Seattle for one week, one week home, Seattle for one week, then Portland for one week.

The first week was by far the hardest.  Him leaving us for the first time and my parents being on trek sent me into an anxiety-driven panic.  Luckily I am surrounded by awesome in-laws and more family to get me through.  And you know what?  We survived.  I did it.  And I'm pretty proud of that fact.

By yesterday, we were all pretty burnt out.  Poor guy had been getting home Friday night, mow the lawn Saturday and do laundry and pack back up to leave Sunday morning.  He and one other guy was the only ones who had to do three weeks, all others only had to do one or two.  What was frustrating was that he even asked not to go and his boss loves him but since he's such a hard worker, they couldn't do without him.

Thursday I was at my wits end.  It had been a long month and Zoey has been so fussy the last few days and I didn't know why.  The only thing that kept her happy was me dancing around with her and kicking a red plastic cup on the ground.  She was so wiggly and it was killing me to hold her since I'd been to the gym and it'd kicked my butt.  Then I accidentally stepped on the cup and the loud noise sent her into a hysteric frenzy.  I put her in her Bumbo to make her a bottle for the nighttime and she settled down unless I was out of her sight then it was the Apocalypse.  While making said bottle I saw  an 8-legged "friend" hanging out by the back door.  Nobody was home so it was all on me to kill the thing or not sleep that night.  I got a shoe and smashed it and spider BABIES went everywhere! Thirty or 40 of them.   MY WORST NIGHTMARE coming true.  I grabbed some Windex which was the closest thing and sprayer the crap out of them to slow them down until I could find the Raid.  It was awful and so, so yucky.  I HATE SPIDERS.  After I finished hyperventilating, I picked Zoey up and she'd had a blow out.  Needless to say, my night was awesome and was more than overjoyed to see my honey Friday night.

We're just having a nice weekend hanging out as a family and snuggling.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

You did awesome!

Mary said...

My skin is crawling about those spiders! Blech